Founder & CEO, Chicago
Mr. Hickey is CEO of Global Economics Group. His consulting experience includes valuation, corporate governance, strategic consulting, international trade economics, and securities. He has been active in the development, licensing and management of intellectual property. Before Global Economics Group, Mr. Hickey was the founder of Chicago Partners LLC and served as its president for twelve years. He also founded and managed an intellectual property licensing and development company.
Mr. Hickey was Vice Chairman and co-founder of Epay Systems, Inc., which provides integrated time and attendance, payroll management and payment solutions to labor intensive companies. The Company was recently sold to a private equity entity. Previously, he was Chairman of the Board of American Ecology, Inc. (symbol ECOL) and served on the compensation and executive committees.
Mr. Hickey has an MBA from the University of Chicago and an AB from Georgetown University.
Representative Professional Experience
• Chicago Partners, LLC: President (1994 – 2006). Founded and managed firm which specialized in consulting engagements involving economics, finance, risk management, strategy, and intellectual property.
• Syndia Corporation: President (1994 – 2006). Founded intellectual property development and licensing company specializing in materials science applications. Firm controlled over thirty patents.
• LECG, Inc.: Senior Consultant and Director Chicago Office (1991 – 1994). Managed staff engagements in intellectual property, international trade, market research and traditional management consulting. Provided financial analysis for litigation and matters before the U.S. International Trade Commission, Department of Commerce, and U.S. Trade Representative.
• Chairman of the Board of Trustees, Board Member, Loyola Academy (2014 – 2020)
• President, Skokie Country Club (2020 – 2021)
• Board of Directors, Union League Club of Chicago (2015 – 2018)
• Member, Young President’s Organization
• Trustee, Hales Franciscan High School (1998 – 2001)
• Finance Committee, Peter Fitzgerald for U.S. Senate
• The Economic Club of Chicago
Our experts have worked on some of the most significant legal and regulatory matters of the last quarter-century.